- Continue to promote the opportunities that Rotary and our Club can offer young people in our community through regular contact and excellent relationships with schools and school Principals.
- Implement the structured Rotary International programs for Youth, and offer programs that improve the life skills of young people in our community.
ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMS
- Sponsor and support:
- One young person to participate in RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Award);
- Two students to participate in RYPEN (Rotary Youth Program of Enrichment);
- One or two students in NYSF (National Youth Science Forum);
- Several students in The Science Experience;
- One Grade 8 student in the music program at The Gap State High School with a bursary through REAP (Rotary Education Assistance Program).
- Support and mentor the Interact Clubs at Mt. St. Michael’s College and The Gap State High School.
- Support the Rotary Junior Community Awards at The Gap State Primary School (10 students in 2013).
- Present Rotary Best All-Rounder Awards (medallions and prizes) to nominated students at School Awards Nights at 11 schools in our area.
- Promote RYDA (Rotary Youth Driver Awareness) at schools in our area.
- Sponsor two students with Supporting Membership for one year.