Rotary has been a vocationally based organisation since its origins over 100 years ago. This tradition has continued over the years.
The Four Way Test. Of the things we think, say or do:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
- Foster high ethical standards in business and professions in accordance with the ideals of Rotary.
- Encourage members to use their vocational talents to benefit the community.
- Uphold the recognition of all useful occupations.
- To have vocational programs as a vehicle for promoting Rotary in the wider community.
Activities and Programs
- Hold a Vocational Excellence Awards evening.
- Hold a Four – Way Test ethical dilemmas’ evening for members.
- Conduct selective workplace visits to acquire a greater understanding of other businesses.
- ‘Business profiles” – Invite local business owners to address the club to better understand their businesses and develop better relationships.